Location and directions
Address and coordinates
Hotel Jardin Bern
Central location of the hotel near the old town of Bern
The Hotel Jardin is located in Bern in a quiet as well as green residential area. Nevertheless centrally located, you can reach the old town in 15 minutes and the BEA Expo exhibition grounds in only 8 minutes on foot.
Arrival by public transport
- Take the train to "Bern Bahnhof"
- Streetcar N° 9 - direction "Wankdorf Bahnhof"
- Get off at the "Breitenrain" stop
- Walk straight ahead into "Herzogstrasse" direction "Kaserne Bern"
- Turn left into "Militärstrasse" to the Hotel Jardin Bern.
With every booking you will receive Bern Tickets for all guests to travel by public transport. The tickets are valid on the whole network in Bern and surroundings 100/101. Also for the trip to Belp Airport, the Gurtenbahn and the Marzilibahn. The tickets are valid for your entire stay, for as many trips as you want.
To get started, download the "Bern Welcome" app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and enter your reservation number from the email you receive from us a few days before your arrival. Alternatively, your reservation confirmation will serve as your ticket from Bern train station ("Bahnhof Bern") to us (stop "Breitenrain") on streetcar #9.
Directions by car
- Freeway ("Autobahn") A1
- Exit "Bern-Wankdorf" A6
- General direction "Zentrum", passing the "Stadion Wankdorf" (former "Stade de Suisse").
- After 500m (0.3 mi) at "Guisanplatz" (traffic light) get into the right lane and turn right.
- After about 50m (160 ft) turn left into "Militärstrasse", 500m (0.3 mi) to Hotel Jardin Bern.
A limited number of free parking spaces are available directly next to the hotel. The spaces cannot be reserved. If there is no parking space available, it is possible to buy a parking card for the white zone at the reception (CHF 16.00 per day). There are also one hotel-owned and two public parking spaces for charging electric vehicles.
Upon request, we will provide you with Jardin-Velos for comfortable exploration of Bern (limited amount). Alternatively 50meters (160 ft) away is the nearest PubliBike station, where you can rent e-bikes. Bern cares a lot about its cyclists and offers a developed infrastructure with many amenities for two-wheelers. Are you traveling by bike? Store your bikes safely and dryly in one of our garages. If you are planning a bike trip through Switzerland, have a look at our partner Radweg-Reisen.
- Streetcar stop Parkstrasse: 150m (0.1 mi)
- Streetcar stop Breitenrain: 260m (0.2 mi)
- Freeway ("Autobahn") A6: 1.5km (0.9 mi)
- Wankdorf TRAIN STATION: 1.7km (1 mi)
- Bern main station: 2.0km (1.3 mi)
- Airport Bern Belp: 12.8km (8 mi)
Eating & Drinking
- Restaurant Lokal: 75m (250 ft)
- Coop supermarkt: 290m (0.2 mi)
- Bar Barbière: 300m (0.2 mi)
Exhibitions and events
- Exhibition grouds BERNEXPO: 500m (0.3 mi)
- Stadium Wankdorf (former Stade de Suisse): 1.1km (0.7 mi)
- PostFinance Arena: 1.2km (0.7 mi)
- Rose Garden: 850m (0.5 mi)
- Old town / Center: 1.5km (0.9 mi)
- Bear Park: 1.6km (1 mi)
- Gurten hill: 4.2km (2.6 mi)
- Kulturmuseum Bern (Cultural Museum Bern): 750m (0.5 mi)
- Kunstmuseum Bern (Art Museum of Berne): 1.7km (1 mi)
- Zentrum Paul Klee (Paul Klee Center Museum): 1.9km (1.2 mi)
- Bernisches Historisches Museum / Einstein Museum (Historical Museum of Bern): 2.1km (1.3 mi)
- Naturhistorisches Museum Bern (Natural History Museum of Bern): 2.2km (1.4 mi)
- Museum für Kommunikation (Museum of Communication Berne): 2.3km (1.4 mi)