Location and directions
Address and Coordinates
Hotel Jardin Bern
Central location of the hotel near the old town of Bern
The Hotel Jardin is located in Bern in a quiet and green residential area. Nevertheless, you can reach the old town in 15 minutes and the BEA Expo exhibition centre in only 8 minutes by foot.
Directions by public transport
- Take the train to "Bern Bahnhof
- Tram no. 9 - direction "Wankdorf Bahnhof".
- Get off at the stop "Breitenrain".
- On foot straight on into "Herzogstrasse" in the direction of the barracks in Bern.
- Turn left into "Militärstrasse" to the Hotel Jardin.
With each booking you will receive digital Bern tickets for all guests for travel by public transport. The tickets are valid on the entire network in Bern ans surroundings 100/101. Also for the trip to Belp Airport, the Gurtenbahn and the Marzilibahn. The tickets are valid for your whole stay, for as many rides as you wish.
To get started, download the “Bern Welcome” App from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store and put in your Reservation number from the E-Mail that you will get from us a few days before your arrival. Alternatively, your reservation confirmation will double as a ticket from the train station (Bahnhof Bern) to us (Stop Breitenrain) with the tram Nr. 9.
Approach by vehicle
- A1 motorway
- Exit "Bern-Wankdorf" A6
- General direction "Zentrum", past the "Stade de Suisse Wankdorf".
- After 500m at the Guisanplatz (traffic lights) take the right lane and turn right.
- After about 50m turn left into "Militärstrasse", 500m to the Hotel Jardin.
A limited number of free parking spaces are available right next to the hotel. These spaces cannot be reserved. If there are no more free parking spaces, you can purchase a parking card at the reception for the public white parking zone (CHF 16.00 per day). If you plan to arrive with a larger vehicle, please contact us in advance.
On request, we can provide you with Jardin-bicycles for the comfortable exploration of Bern (while stocks last). 50m / 165ft away is the nearest PubliBike station where you can rent e-bikes which you can easily park after use at any station. Bern attaches great importance to its cyclists and offers a well-developed infrastructure with many amenities for two-wheelers. Are you travelling by bike? Store your bikes safe and dry in one of our garages. If you are planning a cycling tour through Switzerland, please feel free to visit our partner Radweg-Reisen.
- Tram stop Parkstrasse: 150m / 490ft
- Motorway A6: 1.5km / 0.9mi
- Train station Wankdorf: 1.7km / 1.1mi
- Main station Bern: 2.0km / 1.2mi
- Airport Bern Belp: 12.8km / 8.0mi
- Restaurant Lokal: 75m / 246ft
- Supermarket Coop: 290m / 951ft
- Bar Barbière: 300m / 984ft
Trade fairs and events
- Exhibition grounds BERNEXPO: 500m / 1640ft
- Stadium Stade de Suisse / Wankdorf Stadium: 1.1km / 0.7mi
- Arena PostFinance Arena: 1.2km / 0.7mi
Places of interest
- Park Rosengarten: 850m / 2789ft
- Old town / Centre: 1.5km / 0.9mi
- Park Bear park: 1.6km / 1.0mi
- Hill Gurten Hügel: 4.2km / 2.6mi